Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions about recycling your mobile phone, camera, iPod or sat nav. If your question isn’t on this list, email email@example.com or call 0844 850 0478 (8am - 8pm).
- How much is my device worth?
- My device isn’t on the list. What can I do with it?
- My device is on the list, but there’s no price next to it. What can I do?
- How do I know if my device is in ‘working order’?
- How do I find out the manufacturer and model details?
- Do I need to send any accessories too?
- Do I need to send the sim card?
- Do I need to pay to post my device to you?
- What’s the best way to send my device?
- I selected to print a Packetpost Returns address label and use my own packaging but now I can’t click back to the order confirmation page to print it. What can I do?
- Will you let me know when you've received my device?
- What if I change my mind?
- How do I get paid?
- How many devices can I send in? Is there a limit?
- What do you do with stolen items?
- What happens to my device once I have sent it in?
- How does recycling my device help the environment?
1. How much is my device worth?
Find out if your device is listed and how much it’s worth here.
2. My device isn’t on the list. What can I do with it?
If it’s not on the list, we can’t recycle it. Sorry.
3. My device is on the list, but there’s no price next to it. What can I do?
We can still recycle it for you. But you won’t get any money for it.
4. How do I know if my device is in ‘working order’?
It switches on, the screen isn’t damaged and it hasn’t been damaged by water. Have a look at out T&Cs for a table on how we test devices.
5. How do I find out the manufacturer and model details?
If it’s a phone, take the cover off and look under the battery. The details are usually on a sticker there. For anything else, look on the outer case.
If you can’t find the right details, email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Do I need to send any accessories too?
Send the phone and battery. We don’t need the charger, manual or anything else.
7. Do I need to send the sim card?
No. Take the sim card out before you send it to us. If you send us a sim card, we can’t send it back to you. Make sure you transfer everything you need from your phone or device before you send it to us.
8. Do I need to pay to post my device to you?
No - it’s free. Put everything in the envelope we give you and send it back to us. We’re not responsible if your items get lost, stolen, damaged or go missing on their way to us. We can only pay you for missing items if you have valid proof of delivery.
We always recommend using special delivery for high value items.
9. What’s the best way to send my device?
Ask for a Certificate of Postage from any Post Office. It’s free. If your device gets lost in the post you can claim up to £39 directly from Royal Mail. If your device is worth more than £39, it’s best to send it by Special Delivery (from the Post Office). It means you can track it and it’s insured. You’ll have to pay for Special Delivery.
We (WeBuyAnyPhone.com or Redeem) can’t accept responsibility for any devices we don’t receive.
10. I selected to print a Packetpost Returns address label and use my own packaging but now I can’t click back to the order confirmation page to print it. What can I do?
Don‘t worry, we‘ve sent you a confirmation email with the Packetpost Returns address label and the order summary that you need to put inside the packaging with your item(s).
If you have any difficulty in getting your order confirmation number email us at email@example.com
11. Will you let me know when you've received my device?
We’ll email or text confirmation (depending on the option you’ve selected) to let you know that we’ve received your items. This also confirms when your payment will be made.
12. What if I change my mind?
We can’t return anything to you once we receive it. If you receive a revision we will contact you by email and/or SMS and hold the device for two days from processing to allow you to request this back. Please make sure you read our terms and conditions before sending your mobile(s).
13. How do I get paid?
We can pay you by either cheque or bank transfer (bank transfer is quickest). Whichever you choose, you'll get paid within 7 days of your device being processed.
14. How many devices can I send in? Is there a limit?
We can only accept six items per household every six months. The value of anything sent to us for recycling outside this limit will be at the discretion of Redeem.
15. What do you do with stolen items?
If you send us something that’s stolen or the subject of an investigation, we’ll hand it over to the police. We won’t pay you for it.
16. What happens to my device once I have sent it in?
If your device is in good working order it’ll be refurbished and sold on for reuse as an affordable means of communication, mainly in developing countries. Things that can’t be repaired are sent to be "end of life" recycled. The precious metals and other components that can be reused are extracted and any remaining materials are smelted for energy recovery.
17. How does recycling my device help the environment?
When devices are thrown away they end up in landfill sites. They don’t breakdown or biodegrade and might pollute the surrounding soil or waterways, damaging plants and wildlife.
WeBuyAnyPhone.com makes sure that every device is 100% recycled and doesn’t use landfill.
Your basket is currently empty.